DATE: AUGUST 22-24, 2016
The University of Medical Sciences in Ondo City, Ondo State was established with the mission to foster excellence in teaching, research and service delivery in all health sciences disciplines. The purpose of the University is to do things differently in ways to correct the present inadequacies that characterize the tertiary educational system in Nigeria. One of the strategies that the University has identified for achieving its developmental milestones is high level training and re-training for staff and students that would re-cultivate the best practices in the University system.
To this end, the University is convening a unique workshop on Master Grant Proposal Writing and Financial Management for Teaching and Non-Teaching staff of Universities to engender financial sustainability for Universities. Although Universities often fret about non-available funds for development, the proper management of the modicum of funds available is also very critical to the development aspirations of any tertiary institution. This workshop will bring together some of the best minds in University education nationally, to teach contemporary and innovative methods of fund raising and financial management within the Nigerian tertiary system.
The objectives of the workshop are as follows:
1) To familiarise participants with modern methods of funding raising, grant proposal writing and financial management that are consistent with international best practices;
2) To show examples of successful fund raising strategies and financial management practices used by high performing Universities worldwide;
3) To bring participants in contact with donor agencies able to act on the funding needs of Universities; and
4) To respond to the specific funding and financial management needs of participating institutions by assisting with refinement of concept papers and draft proposals.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Academic and Non-Teaching Staff from tertiary institutions (Universities, Poly/Monotechnics, Colleges of Education, etc.) and other interested individuals from the government and non-governmental sectors are encouraged to attend. We particularly welcome senior officials and administrators responsible for fund raising and financial management and who can use the novel ideas obtained at the workshop to improve the funding situation of their institutions.
This consists of very senior University administrators and Academics who have practicable experiences in fund raising and financial management. Some of these include the following:
1) Professor Peter Okebukola – former Executive Secretary, NUC
2) Professor OA Bamiro – former Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan
3) Professor Michael O. Faborode – Secretary General, Committee of Vice-Chancellors.
4) Dr Kole Shettima – Country Director, the Macarthur Foundation
5) Professor Richard Anao – former Vice-Chancellor, University of Benin
6) Mr Innocent Chukwuma – Representative, Office of the Ford Foundation, Lagos
7) Dr Mairo Mandara – Country Director, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
8) Professor Val. Aletor – Former Vice-Chancellor, Elizade University, Ilaramokin
9) Professor Idowu Olayinka, Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan
10) Ven Professor Uche C. Isiugo-Abanihe, Vice-Chancellor, Paul University, Akwa
11) Professor Zachariah Debo Adeyewa, Vice-Chancellor, Redeemer’s University, Ede.
12) Professor Ndowa E. S. Lale – Vice-Chancellor, University of Portharcourt.
13) Professor Bim. Akintade – Director, Advancement and Documentation, UNIMED.
14) Professor M. O. Ajisafe – Vice-Chancellor, Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti.
15) Professor Bolaji Owasanoye, Secretary – Presidential Advisory Committee on Anti-Corruption.
16) Dr. Ibrahim Attah – NUC, Abuja.
17) Dr. Mike Egboh – Path 2, Abuja.
18) Mrs. J. A. Akeredolu – Bursar, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
19) Mr. Peter Olusola Akindele – Ag. Director, Internal Audit, FUTA.
20) Mr. Sunday O. Adegoke – Auditor General, Ondo State.
21) Mr. Festus O. Fawehinmi, Former Chief Procurement Officer, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State.
22) Professor Friday Okonofua, Vice-Chancellor University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State
The workshop dates are August 22-24, 2016. Arrival is August 21, while Departure is August 25.
Cheap but decent accommodation is available on a first come, first served basis.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications with names of nominees and their current portfolios should be forwarded to the Deputy Registrar of UNIMED (as shown below).
All applications should be returned with a bank draft for N50,000.00 ($300.00) being the workshop fee (excluding accommodation, feeding and other incidentals) drawn in favour of the “University of Medical Sciences”.
Applications should be submitted by email or hard copies to:
Mr. Adeyinka Adekalu
Deputy Registrar, Academic Affairs,
University of Medical Sciences, Laje Road. Ondo City. Ondo State.
Nigeria. Tel: +234 (0) 803-588-7283, 818-359-2589
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Also, on the University Website: www.unimeds.edu.ng
Apply for Workshop Now >>
Dr (Mrs) EUNICE FUNKE OYEBADE, mni