MISSION STATEMENTThe Mission of the University of Medical Sciences(UNIMED) is to provide integrated education and research of exceptional quality in all health-related sciences; to expand access to compassionate, comprehensive and high-quality healthcare for under-served population sand to lead the scientific pathway for reducing the burden of disease in our society.
VISION STATEMENTThe vision of UNIMED is to be a thriving medical and health sciences University, locally, nationally and internationally recognized for excellence and innovation in health education and research, with ability to translate research findings for the improvement of health.
CORE VALUESTransparency & Accountability
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Teamwork & Collegiality
GOAL OF THE UNIVERSITYThe goal of the University is to support Nigeria's quest for high quality education, service delivery, research and innovation in the medical sciences.
- To prepare students for leading professional roles in all disciplines in the health sector in Nigeria and globally;
- To offer the best tertiary healthcare (including preventive and curative care) for all forms of diseases, disabilities and deformities that are prevalent in Nigeria specifically, and throughout the African region broadly;
- To promote research and creative work for improving the health of Nigerians and the world at large;
- To develop human and physical resources of the University to some of the best attainable standards in the world; and
- To promote the health and social well-being of Nigerians through engagement, outreach services and public education.